I made batts yesterday by blending two colors together using my drumcarder.
In the picture above, the top row is the original colors, and the next rows show the degree of blending. I stopped after blending three times.
Well actually it is Day 2 -4 but I can’t be bothered to change it now. I’ve been spinning Jacob fiber and slowly seeing some progress. It takes me about an hour to spin 10 g, so that is my target each day. I hope to get faster as the tour goes on. So this is white, light gray, gold self-dyed. The spindle is now as full as I can cope with so it will be emptied tomorrow with the three colors being wound into their own little pre-ply ball. Then I think I will get out my drumcarder and do some blending of colors.
Oh, a couple of firsts:
There is ~64 g of singles on this spindles. That is the most I’ve put on a spindle at a time (I think).
I spun ~20 g of fiber today. Again, IIRC, I have never spun that much in one day before. Perhaps by the end of the Tour, I can spin more than 50 g/day! I’m taking it slow as I don’t want to hurt my shoulder and not be able to spin at all.