At Sock Summit, I took another class with Meg and Amy and finally finished these stockings. Not to be worn with shoes however as those toes would get in the way.
I had some issues with the front increases and sole decreases. On the first stocking I increased either side of three center stitches. I changed this for the second stocking to four center stitches which fits with the pattern better, as you can see below.
For decreasing on the sole at first I had the decreases side by side but this left a gap which I filled with an afterthought stitch – so it looks as if I have three stitches in the center:
For the second stocking, I knitted two stitches between the decreases, so I have four center stitches. This matches the four center stitches on the front/top of the foot:
To make these more practical, I am going cover the soles with slipper soles. Then I can at least wear them around the house and not have to clean them every time.