Perhaps since I have been able to knit more while convalescing I have had more opportunity knitting crises than usual. In the last two weeks were a couple of doozies.
First up was this:
Here is a close up:
It broke towards the end of a heavy cotton project. I had been worried about the cable join as that seemed to bend 180 degrees at regular intervals. It never occurred to me that the needle would break off at the shaft.
The photo would have been more impressive if the project was on the broken needle but my immediate reaction was DO SOMETHING NOW. So I did. Unfortunately, the only needles I had long enough in the right size were these:
Which made a rather painful finish for the last few rows. So I now need a new circular US 1… in metal.
The second knitting uh-oh happened on my return from Sock Summit. While at Sock Summit I finished Mum’s Socks:
Don’ they look great. I love that fishbone cable up the center:
Before I sent them off to my Mum I added them to the next load of laundry as they were in superwash wool. Big mistake:
Obviously, I am seriously pissed off about this, angry and frustrated, so I used lots of words I don’t like to use in public (think Physioprof and add some), but only the cat heard. Mind you, it is a good thing it didn’t happen to Mum, because she would be sad. The most aggravating thing is that if I had checked Ravelry for this yarn, I would have read that it does felt despite being labeled “superwash”.
I love the pattern though, so expect that to be written up soon. Poor Mum will just have to wait awhile for a pair of socks.