Lab Cat

28 Nov 2008

Finished Objects Friday: The Day the Bear Got a Face.

Filed under: Knitting — Tags: , , , , — Cat @ 8:24 am
Baby Bear

Baby Bear

I finally got round to giving Baby Bear a face.  He seems rather happy about it. This bear is for the Mother Bear Project that one of my groups on Ravelry is supporting this winter.  I adapted the pattern so that I could knit him in the round.  If you remember, I started with the sweater and then added arms, legs and finally head.  I followed a lot of the ideas from the Campesino Doll Purse I made last year for my niece.  I will write up the pattern sometime.  Don’t hold your breath though.

I’ve been having quite a finishing jag.  Diane’s hat is to go with the scarf I finished earlier.  I knitted Grumperina’s Shifting Sands Scarf and as I had yarn left over, I made a hat using the shifting sands pattern:

Diane's Hat

Diane's Hat

I also finished October’s Washcloth, which was Lotzastitches King Charles Brocade done in seasonal orange.

Octobers Washcloth

October's Washcloth

Pattern: King Charles Brocade
Needles: US 5
Yarn: Zitron Polo, colorway 81 (orange)
Start Date: October 9 2008
End Date: November 8 2008

Comments:  Since I was using a much heavier yarn I cast on less stitches (42) so that I had three pattern repeats across.



  1. Yay, the Bear is finally finished. I think Diane’s hat looks quite nice as well.

    Comment by Lisa — 29 Nov 2008 @ 11:01 am

  2. The bear is VERY cute!!!

    Comment by Robert Squier — 30 Nov 2008 @ 9:59 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at

%d bloggers like this: