Pattern: Fluttery Top/Camellia by Kate Gilbert (Ravel it), heavily modified to be knit top down.
Source: Make It Modern (Classic Elite Yarns)
Materials: Cotton Bam Boo (Classic Elite Yarns)
Amount: 6 balls (~780 yards)
Needles: US 2.50 mm
Start Date: 8 June 2008
Finish Date: 2 August 2008
So this is the project that broke the proverbial camel’s back and convinced me that I should never even think about following a pattern again. I shall take ideas from patterns while prepared to modify everything to fit my knitting. Additionally, I discovered that lace patterns are ridiculously hard to turn upside down. In fact, I could not do it and ended up kniting the bottom lace pattern upwards and joining it with the top which was knit downwards. It is a very good thing I like to kitchener!
After blocking, it is a about a half – one inch too wide on each side of the shoulders. If it was a bit narrower the sleeves would fit like sleeve caps rather than just hanging there fluttering. Oh, hum. In addition, for a slightly better fit, I probably should have put in breast darts.
On photography: After talking to my friend and photography mentor, Keith, I took this picture using a tripod with the camera on self timer. The great thing about my camera is that the LCD monitor is on the top and swivels right round. So I could see what I was taking a picture of before pressing the shutter.