Fortunately, there are still some blackberries left to eat. These went very well with yogurt.
My tomatoes are finally ripening and I found a zucchini and eggplant so I made a ratatouille last night. I picked an onion and carrot and lettuce to have with it. A complete garden meal – except for the grated cheese. Nom, nom, nom. It was the super fresh vegetables that forced me to cook dinner last night, despite jet lag, they looked so yummy. The alternative would have been to eat some processed food like substances from my freezer.
Garden Fresh Ratatouille
Fresh from the garden:
1 onion sliced
3 cloves garlic minced and pressed
1 carrot sliced and chopped
1 aubergine/eggplant sliced and diced
1 courgette/zucchini sliced
3 roma paste tomatoes quartered
lettuce and cherry tomatoes for salad (optional)
2 tbs Oil for frying
1 cup Water
1 tbs Soy sauce
Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
1) Fry on low onion for about 3 min and add garlic and basil.
2) After another couple of minutes add the carrot and aubergine.
3) Once the aubergine is softish add the tomatoes and courgettes.
4) Fry for about 5 – 10 minutes (depending how soft you like your veggies).
5) Add water and soy sauce. Flavor with black pepper to taste.
6) Once the water boils, simmer for ~1 minute.
7) Serve with grated cheese, bread and green salad.